SANDISON COLLECTION
ID#:
X.3219.003137
Description:
Shortly after its inception in 1921, the Port of Bellingham began hiring Sandison to document its waterfront projects. He took this overview of Municipal Dock in 1927. The terminal was built in 1918 by the City of Bellingham, hence the "Municipal" name (later shortened to the vernacular "Muni Dock"), and purchased by the Port of Bellingham in 1924. In 1926, the Port constructed Warehouse No. 2, extended the pier and further dredged Whatcom Creek Waterway to facilitate greater shipping. This Sandison photo, taken with his 8x10 camera, was used by the Port to show taxpayers the progress the Port was making.
Click to Enlarge
Image