The Syre Education Center houses the Photo Archives.

The Whatcom Museum acknowledges that we gather on the traditional territory of the Lhaq’temish – Lummi People – and the Nuxwsá7aq – Nooksack People – who have lived in the Coast Salish region from time immemorial. The Museum honors our relationship with all of our Coast Salish neighbors and our shared responsibilities to their homeland where we all reside today.

The Syre Education Center was built in 1926 as the City of Bellingham’s fire hall, and is adjacent to the 1892 Old City Hall Building. The Whatcom Museum’s widely recognized Photo Archives are located on the second floor of the Syre Education Center, and are open to the public for research by appointment.

For more information about Photo Archives or to schedule an appointment contact our historian/archivist Jeff Jewell via email.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *