In support of the National, State, Regional, and local effort to control and mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Whatcom Museum has been directed to close to the public beginning March 16 through July 17 or until further notice. As a public gathering space, we are taking preventative action to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus to ensure the safety of our community. Museum staff are preparing for safe re-opening during phase 3 of the governor’s plan.
All of our events, programs, and activities through July 17 have been canceled, postponed, or are being offered virtually. Visit this page regularly for updates on building and program closures. Thank you for your support and understanding. We look forward to seeing you at the Museum soon.
Current program cancelations:
- Fourth Sundays: Audubon at the Museum (June 28)
- Audubon Society: Fire in Washington’s Forests (May 26)
- Low Sensory Sunday (May 31)
- Museum in Mind (June 2)
Also canceled through July 17: Docent-led gallery tours, Old City Hall History Tours, FIG birthday parties, all school tours, FIG activities, and private event rentals. The Photo Archive is accepting online inquires at this time.
Here are the best actions to reduce the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20+ seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wear a mask when social distancing of at least 6 feet is not possible.
- Stay away from other people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home to prevent spreading the infection to others. (Employees who are feeling ill are expected to stay home and use available leave banks or benefits.)
- Do not go to emergency rooms or urgent care clinics if your illness is mild and can be managed at home.
- Even if you are feeling well, avoid visiting hospitals, long-term care facilities or nursing homes.
- People who are sick with cough or fever should not attend work until 72 hours after fever has resolved or seven days after illness began, whichever is longer.
For more information contact our general info line at 360.778.8930 or email email@example.com.